You’re Probably Thinking That Having Your Own Personal Fitness Coach To Turbocharge Your Fitness Program Is Completely Out Of The Question
I was at the Rod Stewart concert recently, and amazed at how he has the fitness and energy to give an absolutely brilliant performance that goes on for nearly two hours. Not bad for a 67 year old. But it’s no secret really. He engages personal trainers to work with him to provide the motivation and the right program to achieve amazing results quickly and easily.
We review lots of great exercise equipment on this site, but the most expensive and sophisticated home fitness equipment in the world won’t work for you unless you are motivated to actually use it regularly. This is where a fitness coach comes in.
Having your own personal fitness coach is a great way of keeping your motivation up to keep on with your exercise program. However, not everyone can afford the services of a personal trainer or fitness coach. Nor do we always have the time to turn up to a group session; with getting kids to school, earning a living and the hundreds of other things that crowd our daily lives.
The next best alternative is having your own online fitness coach. This is a very convenient option which gives you the ability to structure your fitness program around your work schedule. You do not have to pay any gym membership fees and can follow your fitness program from home. Having a coach guide you through the program will reduce the chances of suffering injuries or losing interest after a few weeks.
The following is what you need to look for when selecting an online fitness coach.
- Do they offer a personalized training program to meet your fitness objectives? This will depend on what you want to achieve. Some may want a weight loss program, others will require an emphasis on cardio training or perhaps just to improve their golf swing.
- What certification and qualifications do they have? Are they recognized as properly accredited coaches able to offer professional advice?
- How will they talk to you? There needs to be a video link so you can communicate to your fitness coach across your existing internet connection using such low cost infrastructure as webcam.
- Do they offer online fitness videos? These should be part of your program.
- What is the availability of your fitness coach? The wider the availability the better, 24 x 7 is the best. The most effective way to achieve fitness goals is to have a set routine at a particular time and day that suits you, not the trainer.
- What are their prices? There may be a choice of different membership levels to which you can subscribe. Make sure you are very clear on what you are actually getting. If they have a free trial period, use it to check out if it is going to work for you.
Exercise On The Cheap
The beauty of using an online fitness coach lies in the fact that you do not necessarily have to purchase additional expensive exercise equipment and that your overall costs will be lower. Your coach will come up with a custom made exercise program to work with your existing home gym equipment. Which is nice.
How To Get The Quickest Results
The following tips will help you achieve the best results in your workouts at home.
Create The Space
It is advisable to create some space at home where you can carry out your exercises without any kind of obstruction. You can move the couch or use your bedroom if it is spacious enough.
Put On Some Music
Working out alone at home can get monotonous quite easily. However, some music can liven up your workout sessions as well as creating a favorable environment for exercise. Just make sure that you put on the kind of music which motivates you.
Put On Your Workout Clothing
Do not fall into the temptation of exercising while still in your work clothes. Invest in the right clothing for exercise such as work briefs and T-shirts. This will also help tune your mind to get into exercise mode.
Set Realistic Goals For Yourself
It is very easy to start exercising with a lot of gusto but lose steam before long. To avoid such an eventuality, it is important to set yourself achievable goals and milestones. Stay motivated by awarding yourself incentives after reaching your goals. This will help you to stay focused and committed to an online fitness program.
Without doubt there will be people reading this who feel they can do it — the fitness program and healthy diet — without any assistance whatsoever. More power to you who can create a sensible, appropriate eating plan, develop a regular exercise program, and then actually sticking with it long enough to achieve results. If you can so this, then you can stop reading now, as you are the extreme exception. The problem with trying to do it all by yourself is you run the huge risk of creating the wrong program for the results you’re trying to achieve. You train with gusto, then wonder why you’re not getting the results you’re after. Or you are doing it to save money or time, as gym fees can be very expensive and aren’t always in a location that suits us.
My advice is to seriously consider an online fitness coach, as this will help you reach your fitness goals in the shortest possible time without costing a lot of money. Because we are more likely to work at something that works for us.