The Amazing Thing, Of Course, Is The Speed at Which The Bowflex TC20 Treadclimber Gets Results
The TC20 Treadclimber is the top of the range model currently being sold under the Bowflex brand name. I’ve been reviewing treadclimbers for a while now, and this model has the same fundamental design as the earlier models, but with some enhancements. The most significant enhancement is the TC20 is fitted with longer foot treadles to make it easier and more comfortable to use.
The TC20 is fitted with Bowflex’s Goal-Oriented Coach Technology console to allow for enhanced monitoring of your performance. This is the similar technology fitted to their previous TC5000 model. This makes is easier to personalize and monitor your workout by being able to set your own fitness goals (See Table below). The Bowflex TC20 Treadclimber combines the actions of a treadmill, stairclimber and elliptical machine into a 3-in-1 design.
- Enhanced workout – because of the 3-in-1 design, it gives a much more intensive workout over a 30 minute period. For example, the University of Wisconsin did some controlled tests and found there was an enhanced ability to burn off calories quicker. Read my companion article “Does the Bowflex Treadclimber Work?” for more details.
- Minimizes Joint Impact – The combined 3-in-1 function provides for the same exercise benefit without stressing the lower back, knee and ankle joints.
- Compact Design – Doesn’t take up a lot of room in your house or apartment. It is fitted with a handle and small wheels to allow it to be moved around.
- Reliability and Customer Service – Bowflex continues to receive mixed customer reviews on their products. Read more about what I believe is the cause of this problem here “Tread Climber Reviews”
- Price – At first glance this is a lot, an awful lot of money to pay for a piece of cardio equipment. This is not going to be inside everybody’s budget that’s for sure, but you are getting three machines in one. Bowflex are offering a sweetener deal at the moment.
- Weight – It is heavy, weighing in at a generous 217 pounds. Don’t expect to move it around too much.
The Bowflex Treadclimber is going to appeal to those people who want an exercise machine that will deliver results fast, with cost being a secondary issue.
Moms who are juggling a career and family commitments; or just about any middle aged doctor, lawyer or professional person who is facing the challenge of finding the time to have a sensible work-life balance. For you, this machine is well worth considering.
It is a sophisticated piece of technology that does deliver results. There is the downside with possible reliability issues caused during the home assembly process, and of course the cost. For this reason it earns a four star rating.
Summary of Features
|Price||$3,299.00 (Finance is available to approved applicants).|
|Speed Range||.5 – 4.5 mph (.8 – 7.2 kph)|
|Electronic Functions||5 functions: Speed, Distance, Time, Calories Burned and Heart Rate via wireless heart rate monitor. Also fitted with a ‘Quick Start’ feature.|
|Goal-Oriented Technology||The G.O. Coach™ Console interacts with the user to establish goals, monitor progress and compare results|
|Personalized Profiles||G.O. Coach™ technology for two users – customized based on distance, calories or time goals – goal resets weekly. Individual progress display shows quick visual of weekly progress. Individual progress display shows quick visual of weekly progress.|
|Details and Warranty|
|Warranty||3 Years – Covers entire machine (but not labour)|
|Dimensions||55″ L x 31.5″ W x 55.25″ H (139 x 80 x 140 cm)|
|Workout Area Required||70.5″ X 153.5″ (176.3 x 383.8 cm)|
|Machine Weight||217 lbs (99 kg)|
|Maximum Capacity||300 lbs (136 kg)|