An Affordable, Fast and Easy Way to Build your Ultimate Upper Body.
Charlotte here. This equipment doesn”t fall into the elliptical or treadmill category, but it caught my eye so I thought I’d check it out. This is offered by Ultimate Body Press and is part of their range of products.
Essentially a dip bar is a piece of fitness equipment that can either be free-standing or integrated into a multi function fitness station allowing you to do chest and tricep dips. Dips are a vital component of any exercise program providing focused muscle development in the upper torso.
A pull up or chin up bar fits into a doorway to allow you to exercise your biceps and back muscles. Back muscles are the “unseen” muscles, and often under toned compared to the frontal muscles leading to a muscular development imbalance.
The thing that struck me with this range of exercise equipment is its simplicity, affordability and economical use of space. Similar machines I’ve come across do the job, but are heavy, bulky pieces of equipment. My first reaction was it appeared too simple and gimmicky, but was pleasantly surprised.
- Simple robust, design that is quick to assemble, free standing and portable.
- Width of hand grips can be adjusted to cater for different body shapes and sizes.
- Supports both the conventional chest dip and knee raise as well as inverted rows which supports the balance between the ‘pulling’ and ‘pushing’ muscles.
- Increases the strength of the complete upper body, including the abdominal muscles.
- Absolute beginners can achieve immediate benefits by using both arms to support yourself, raising one knee while using your other leg to provide control of your ascent and descent.
- For more demanding intermediate and advanced workouts, there are push-up rings and resistance belts for that extra challenge.
- Cost wise, I think if they knocked another $10 off the price of the base Dip Bar item it would be real value, but given that almost everybody will go for a package (see below), it”s not that big an issue.
Pull Up Bar
- Door mounted pull up bars are very simple pieces of exercise equipment anyhow, but this is a solid, well made unit.
- Purpose fitted push up rings that make it easier for the beginner, as well as allowing the more demanding and experienced strength trainer to add variety and challenges to their exercise routine.
- Can be used as push up kit when laid on the floor.
Save Money with a Package!
A number of packages are available for a limited time only which can save you serious money
- Dip Bar and Push Up Ring Package – $117.99 (Saving of $87)
- Pull Up Bar – $79.95 (Saving of $30)
- Dynamic Strength Package – $149.95 (Saving of $109)
The Kailo Home Fitness DVD package can be purchased as a separate item, but I wouldn’t go that way first up. Much better to take a look at their YouTube videos (of which there are 26), which cover all aspects of both the dip station and the pull up bars, as well as how-to assemble instructional videos. The YouTube Channel is “Ultimatebodypress”.
“This item is worth its price and is a great home tool to do bodyweight workouts,great for dips,pull ups and atlas push ups also for leg raises. Easy to store and handy for people living in dorms or apartments!”
J.F.De Clercq (Tucson AZ) – Amazon.com
They also have a very active Twitter following, which provides links to different exercise videos, fitness blogs and general information. Their Twitter account is “UBP_TODAY”.
If you have concerns about the doorway mounted pull up bar, they also offer a more permanent joist and wall mounted version. The website also offers balance balls, yoga mats, speed ropes and ab straps at prices that won’t break the bank.
This type of exercise equipment will work for almost everybody, and if you’re seriously wanting to get that great upper body look then check out this pull up dip station gear. A word of warning though – don’t rush your exercise program, just focus on getting the level of resistance right for you. Do consider buying one of their packages if you decide to go ahead as you will save money and get a more comprehensive exercise station. Also, please see your physician before embarking on any exercise program.
If it doesn’t work for you they offer a full 30 day satisfaction guarantee refund of the purchase price, including the postage and handling.
All the best with getting your ultimate body!